Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 1999 13:18:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
Cc:        Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>, Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, Mark Thomas <thomas@clark.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, Wayne Self <wself@cdrom.com>
Subject:   Re: userland ppp - startup

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Josef Karthauser wrote:

> Hmm... how to do this then?  The sppp setup code in rc.* allows
> username/password to be specified.  Can it be done in the environment
> then?  (If rc.conf is visable then the sppp config gives usernames and
> passwords away as it stands today.)

Everyone can see the environment too, so that's not secure at all.  In
fact the best place would probably be the ppp configuration file, which
should only be readable by root and group ppp (or is it network?).

- alex

I thought felt your touch
In my car, on my clutch
But I guess it's just someone who felt a lot like I remember you.
  - Translator