Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 1998 13:42:25 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
To:        dag-erli@ifi.uio.no
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: File I/O in kernel land (was: Re: 2nd warning:  2.2.6 BETA begins in 10 days!)

>>> With that in mind, I have a "bouncing logo" screen saver lkm (think
>>> daemon_saver_mod crossed with splashkit) I'd like to submit. However,
>> Is this graphical, or textual?
> Graphical. If I wanted a text-mode logo I'd use daemon_saver...

Then we seem to be working on very similar (nearly identical)
projects.  Do you want to try to work together, or perhaps just one of
us finish it out?

I am working on a general shell for a graphical screensaver, so that
anybody can use my code and just write the core.  If you'd like to
wait for this to finish (probably another week or so, God and vendors
willing), then it may make your work easier.

On the other hand, if you're enjoying hacking the graphical
screensaver code, and want to work it out, maybe we can coordinate our
work.

Happy hacking,
joelh

--