Date:      Fri, 28 Oct 2016 14:45:29 +0200
From:      Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
Subject:   Re: PKG bootstrap FreeBSD 11.0 / VBox NAT problem

On 10/28/16 14:15, Tomasz CEDRO wrote:
> Just for the curious. I am testing on VirtualBox (Version 5.1.8
> r111374 (Qt5.5.1), macOS 10.12.1 host). Cannot bootstrap PKG on a host
> with NAT enabled.I have noticed this problem occurs only when NAT is
> enabled in VBox. When I use Bridged interface there is no problem. I
> have noticed that outgoing packet following RST response has invalid
> checksum. That may be VBox NAT problem..? Maybe someone noticed
> similar behavior..
>
> https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/16126

It could be related or unrelated, but have you tested disabling checksum
offloading on both the guest and the host NICs?

BTW what NIC are you using in the guest machine? have you tried changing
NIC type? (for example changing between the emulated one and the
paravirtualized one)

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>