Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2014 15:43:23 +0100
From:      Werner Lehmann <lehmannwer@gmail.com>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Linux-steam-client won't install on linux-c6

Dear Sirs,

let me first thank you very much for your awesome job with the new linux-c6
ports. With those I am now able to run e.g. linux-doom3 using
linux-c6-dri-compat with my Radeon HD 4850, so no need to buy an
nvidia-card anymore!

Now that thanks to your great job 3D-acceleration is provided for a linux
environment for Radeon cards, it would be nice to be able to use the
linux-steam client for a growing number of games. The file is provided as a
.deb package for Ubunu, but even unpacking the package where in the end you
find a file called "steam.sh" it won't install executing './steam.sh' from
a command promt. Error "Unknown operating system" is the result.

Is there a way to install the linux steam client somehow? Or could you
maybe port it so that it installs?

Another question: Is there something like mesa-demos (glxinfo) where you
can learn what OpenGL-Version you are running in the linux-environment?

Best regards,

Werner Lehmann