Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 1996 09:44:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nick Esborn <nick@grayphics.com>
To:        Kurt Schafer <kurt@cyberbeach.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommended network interfaces ?

On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Kurt Schafer wrote:

> Anybody have any recommendations for 10/100 mbit network cards ? We are using
> 3Com 509-TP's right now and occasionally, tcp connections to the machine just
> seem to hang. This is a bad thing when the machine in question is the
> RADIUS authentication server and people are trying to log in to get their
> 'net fix'  :P

Without hesitation I suggest the DEC Fast Etherworks, although I
understand that any card running on the DEC chipset is basically the
same.  I usually get 950-1100 kb/sec ftps using this card on our local
network.  The only catch is that you need to find out how to set the card
to 10bT mode, the 215R driver doesn't seem to want to do it by itself.

Nick
Grayphics
http://www.grayphics.com/