Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 08:23:28 +0800 (WST)
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@obiwan.psinet.net.au>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Mr M P Searle <csubl@csv.warwick.ac.uk>, kaveman@magna.com.au, ksmm@cybercom.net, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FREEBSD ON TELEVISION PROGRAM

On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Michael Smith wrote:

> > > extra-funky 3D tank game you get. MMmmm.. first thing I do when I get my
> > > hands on an Indy is to play bztank :)
> >
> > You don't need an Indy - see http://reality.sgi.com/crs/bzflag.html. It's being ported to Windows 95/NT. It's nearly all OpenGL, so should be very easy to
> > port to any system.
>
> OK, so where do we get the source code?

Err.

I'm talking to the author about it right now, and he's looking at giving
me the source to port bzflag to free unix platforms (so I'll be doing the
linux and the freebsd ports).. I have to sign an NDA though *snort*
So I'm assuming I can't release the source out to people basically because
he is planning on making a little bit of money from selling the Windows
versions.

(Well it IS such a cool game isn't it? :-)

Anyway, that should be happening when he's finished writing the
OpenGL-only version (the current one uses Motif, and we all HATE Motif
don't we?)

So the answer is YES we will have a port hopefully in a month and a bit.

--
Adrian Chadd			| "Unix doesn't stop you from doing
<adrian@psinet.net.au>		|   stupid things because that would