Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 16:19:46 +0200
From:      Darian Lanx <content@openprojects.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possible Install bug for the following hardware in FreeBSD Stable (4.3)

> This should be 60034905 =3D 3737*255*63

No, that value is correct, has to do with internals how sysctl calculates=
 the=20
offsets, but that is an linux issue I am aware off

> This should be 59554/16/63 and you do not get all drive space.

As I mentioned, I am aware, that I do not get all drive space, but over 8=
00MB=20
missing is too much.

> It seems your geometry is unmatched.  Is LBA enabled in the cmos bios?
>
> Rich
LBA is enabled by hand. My bios can auto dected all drive features, yet I=
=20
chose to setup everything by hand and explicitly enabled LBA after being =
told=20
to do so by several sources.

-d

Thank you for the quick answer
--=20
si vis pacem, para bellum
----
'Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move;
 Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love.
- Hamelt, Shakespear