Date:      Thu, 08 Jun 1995 09:38:50 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@apollo.hq.nasa.gov>
To:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
Cc:        bmk@dtr.com, hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Digiboard PC/Xe support?

On Wed, 7 Jun 1995 15:00:13 -0400 (EDT), Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com> said:

Peter> Serge Babkin is working on a DigiBoard driver based on the
Peter> GPL'd Linux driver, however he no longer has hardware and so a
Peter> like minded hacker may want to help out or take over. I'm
Peter> personally staying away since I'd rather see a BSD copyright
Peter> solution and don't want to mess with the Linux driver.

Ummmmmm, I don't think I have the skills to write a driver, and I'm
pretty new to FBSD. I saw the message though, and may get in touch
with Serge.

Peter> The programming information is available only under NDA with
Peter> Digiboard, and I didn't want to be in the hot seat for a
Peter> binary-only distribution and so I instead went with a multiport
Peter> Boca board for my application.

It's supported? I remember seeing in the FAQ about serial boards that
some didn't support HW flow control, and other various problems. Does
the Boca do what you want?

Peter> I encourage any Digiboard enthusiasts to register polite
Peter> interest in a FreeBSD driver with the Digiboard people.  I know
Peter> they have a www.digibd.com with some "fill in the blanks" thing
Peter> for expressing interest in such things; I don't know of the
Peter> right e-mail address for that.  Since they elected to make a
Peter> Linux GPL driver available they may decide that a FreeBSD
Peter> driver is in their interest.

Ah, yeah, I've seen their web. I'll drop them a polite note.

Thanks again!!