Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 07:11:21 -0800
From:      Kent Ketell <kketell@juniper.net>
To:        Joe Touch <touch@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        larse@ISI.EDU, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compaq Armada M300 support?

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 11:01:38PM -0800, Joe Touch wrote:
> > From kketell@juniper.net  Mon Jan 15 15:21:03 2001
> > Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:20:56 -0800
> > From: Kent Ketell <kketell@juniper.net>
> > To: Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
> > Cc: freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Joe Touch <touch@ISI.EDU>
> > Subject: Re: Compaq Armada M300 support?
> > On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 02:28:57PM -0800, Lars Eggert wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > is anyone running FreeBSD-4.2 on a Compaq Armada M300 and/or its "mobile
> > > expansion unit"?
> >
> > I have installed on the M300 and M700.  Everything is great once you get
> > the pccard stuff dialed in.
> >
> > Set the irq and memory in the kernel.  irq is up to you (I used 10),
> > but memory must be D8000.
> >

> > --
> >
> > -Kent-
> >

> Hi, Kent,
>
> Quick question - what do you mean "dialed in" - as in "set the IRQ and
> memory in the kernel" - was this set for each device that you use,
> (e.g., ed, ep, wi,...) or for the entire PCIC system? (I'm more familiar
> with setting such things in /etc/pccard.conf - you did something else, right?)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

Joe,

I had to set the address and the IRQ for the controller in the kernel.
I don't have the specifics at this time, but that was all it took.

The problem is the same one seen on various other laptops; polling
locked the system up so the IRQ had to be specified.  Once the IRQ
was right it would recognize that there was an insert/remove event,
but would not recognize the specific card until the base address
was set for the controller in the kernel.

--

-Kent-