Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2018 11:59:24 -0500
From:      Johannes Dieterich <dieterich.joh@gmail.com>
To:        Ruediger Gad <r.c.g@gmx.de>
Cc:        "freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Update JOGL to 2.3.2 (for Running SweetHome3D)

Dear Ruediger,

thanks for your email!

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 8:27 AM, Ruediger Gad <r.c.g@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am sending this in hope it is helpful for others.
>
> For running SweetHome3D (http://www.sweethome3d.com), I had to use JOGL
> 2.3.2.
> For updating JOGL to 2.3.2, I modified jogamp-jogl from the ports tree.
>
> Just bumping the version was not sufficient as some more things had to be
> adjusted.
> Attached, I send a diff against the original version that shows the
> modifications.
>
> Just in case, I also include the modified start script for SweetHome3D.
>
> If it is helpful, I could also prepare a pull request or so to include the
> modifications in the ports tree.
> Unfortunately, I am new to FreeBSD and do not know the processes etc.
Go to https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla and file a bug with your patch
attached. The process will guide you through the steps. Ultimately,
the maintainer of the port (peterj) will receive your patch and can
test it, provide feedback there, and ultimately integrate it to the
tree. In the unlikely event that peterj does not respond, you can CC
my FreeBSD account (jmd@) and I can do the testing.

Thanks!

Johannes