Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 10:59:53 +0000
From:      Richard Smith <rsmith@trltech.co.uk>
To:        FreeBSD Mobile <mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Dell Inspiron 7500 & X

I have a Dell Inspiron 7500 A500 YT with the 15.4" 1280x1024 resolution
LCD display, and the ATI Mobility-P graphics chip.

I understood from archives, that the XFree86 3.3.5 Mach64 server would
work albeit at a reduced resolution. I may have been mistaken, confusing
the -M and -P chips.

If it _is_ possible, does someone have a working XF86Config that I could
borrow :-)

Meanwhile, I'm off to the FreeBSDMall to buy a copy of Accelerated X
Laptop Edition, which I believe works with the -P chip if one applies
the L5003.004 update.

This issue of a.out vs. ELF, am I right in thinking that there is no
significant performance impact?

Is there another X server that I should be considering, I had a look at
Metrolink, but I don't think their laptop support is very strong?

Many thanks,
Richard Smith