Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 1998 15:02:32 -0700
From:      don morrison <dmorrisn@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I finally got my University's bookstore to carry FreeBSD stuff!! 8^P

The power of those little comment-cards is amazing.  The University of
Washington Bookstore had never carried FreeBSD related stuff (not counting
a few 4.4BSD related things) until today because a couple weeks ago I took
5 minutes to fill out one of those little comment cards recommending Greg
Lehey's "The Complete FreeBSD" (which I hadn't actually read *grin*), and
lo and behold as I walked through the UN*X section of the bookstore today
there were four copies sitting right there where they should have always
been along with four sets of the Walnut Creek 2.2.6 release cd's!!! =)
Well, not quite were they should have been, but I quickly rectified the
situation by moving them to impulse-buy-eye-level right above the redhat
5.1 boxes (swapping them with linux development books which were wasting
this prime selling space and tossed those down next to the UNIX Dummies
books.:)  Anyone going to the U, come buy these right now!! ;-)

I just wish I had filled one of those things out before; I had forgotten
how susceptible bookstores were to customer feedback.  The Barnes and Noble
down the hill here in our U district will order any book that you ask for
that's not in stock and call you when it's there with no obligation to buy.
 So, please, everybody, go heckle your nearest bookstore!! ;)

Don