Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 1996 14:24:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multiple deliver of SIGALRM?

I have noticed that in my pop server (Qualcomm) under FreeBSD that in the
function tgets in popper.c, if I put a quick check in there to log
everytime it gets SIGALARM, occasionally that I will get several in a
row. However, alarm is only set once.

I don't think this is normal.  Does anybody have a better "tgets"
implementation, or fixes for this?  OR maybe a good setitimer solution?

I suppose it could be a bad interaction between alarm and setjmp/longjmp
if that's possible.  In any case, it no workee.

Heck, I'd be willing to pay somebody to fix it.