Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 12:09:56 +1030 (CST)
From:      Gregory D Lewis <glewis@maths.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jdk1.2

> > Perhaps he is referring to the linux pre-release?  its available at
> > http://www.wisp.net/~sbb/ -- Gregory D Lewis recently posted to this
> > list on 99-03-05 concerning this.  keep in mind its a prerelease; and
> > that we're running it under emulation, too :)
>
> The Linux stuff is now 'released' on www.blackdown.org, but I don't
> remember Greg's posting of how this worked.  Does it work on FreeBSD?

That's 'cos I didn't post how it works, only the announcement :).  I don't
know if it works under emulation or not, I'm waiting for my 3.1 cd's and
then I'll upgrade and try it (I want 3.1 to do the kernel threads emulation
so the Linux-jdk native threads have a chance of working).  Of course,
someone who has 3.1 already could try this!  My experience with emulation
is that it probably will work, but I can't verify that for sure.

--
Greg Lewis                              Applied Maths Department
Email : glewis@maths.adelaide.edu.au    University of Adelaide