Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:51:35 +0500
From:      "Umar Draz" <tearrs@msn.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about Syslogd (urgent)

   HI Dear Members!

     i have a Freebsd 4.10 Machine there i have configure DNS (chroot) ,
   apache+php+mysql (chroot) enviornment also i have configure ipfilter
   for firewall.

    i have a question about syslogd

   i already mentiond that i have configure DNS with chroot and
   apache+php+mysql with chroot

   for dns i have add this line in my rc.conf
   syslogd_flags="-s -l /var/named/dev/log"

   for apache i have add this line in my rc.conf
   syslogd_flags="-l /opt/httpd/dev/log"

   for ipfilter firewall i have add this line in my rc.conf
   syslogd_flags="-ss"

   now my question is that this method is ok or wrong because when i see
   my /opt/httpd/dev directory there is no log and same like in
   /var/named/dev

   so plz help me what i can to do for because i have a one machine and i
   want run (DNS with chroot, apache+php+mysql with chroot and also
   ipfilter firewall)

   thanks and regards

   umar Draz

   Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! [1]MSN Messenger
   Download today it's FREE!