Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 1998 09:00:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      simon mendoza <simon_v_mendoza@yahoo.com>
To:        Rick Hamell <hcg@teleport.com>, Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How important is "the OS?"

A few questions to enhaced Tim's discussion:

1) have you all read Victor Orwell's "1994"?
2) Don't you think that the greek theory of "Brutus happiness"(I'm
happy because I fish and eat, the rest I don't care) is against
democracy?(the greeks stated the  fundaments of democracy later
developed by the romans)
3) Why shouldn't I think that it is "unnatural" to be tied up with
something (be it in the form of an OS or a  brand of detergent) and
for get about the "freedom of choice" that prevails in this ever
changing world?
4) What if it's not UNIX, but GNUOS, BEOS or SARDos, the one that
breaks the MS monopoly?

and to end this set of questions..
5) did you know that the Roman empire was so successful that ruled the
known world (at that time) but once it dismantled itself was never to
revive?

Warm greetings to all

Simon.