Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 20:18:40 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        j mckitrick <jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org>, Richard Arends <richard@unixguru.nl>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone have 4.4 on a Toshiba Satellite?

In message <200109210153.f8L1rhR01292@ptavv.es.net> "Kevin Oberman" writes:
: > Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 01:34:32 +0100
: > From: j mckitrick <jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org>
: >
: > So, once I install FreeBSD-4.4, it will take care of this automagically?
: > I have 4.3-stable from July 24, so I guess it is still the default isa
: > setup, and 4.4 will change this ?
:
: I'm not quite certain when Werner MFCed the changes to stable, but I'm
: pretty sure it was just before the code freeze so July 24 is probably
: pre-change. Upgrade to 4.4 should automagically change over to PCI
: interrupts.

It was around the middle of August.

: Last I knew the only popular CardBus chips that were still flaky were
: Cypress Semi, if I recall. (Since I have none of these, I guess I
: didn't pay too much attention.) I think they were used primarily on
: Comapq laptops.

I've never seen a Cypress Semi bridge.  There is a Cirrus Logic part
that is a little weird.  It is a PCI <-> PCMCIA bridge.  The part
number is CL PD-6729/30.

Warner