Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2002 07:49:59 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew MacIntyre <andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>, <Andrew.Li@alcatel.com.au>
Subject:   Re: ISDN Modems

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> I have several Eicon Diva 852 ISDN modems[1] that I'm trying to build
> a PPP link with (one modem is dial-out and one is dial-in).
> Unfortunately, the dial-in side is very flaky - most of the time, the
> dial-in modem refuses to answer (and reports BUSY).  Eicon's response
> is that the modems work with Windows - and I suspect this means that
> the auto-answer capability is rarely (if ever) used.
>
> Has anyone else used these modems?  Successfully with auto-answer?
>
> [1] http://www.eicon.com/worldwide/products/ISDN/Diva852.htm

Would controlling the answer with something like mgetty help?
(sorry, not familiar with the hardware in question, but mgetty works well
for me with a fax modem with distinctive ring support - one number for
data, other for fax)

E-mail: andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@pcug.org.au             (alt) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/               |        Australia