Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2001 00:40:19 +0800
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.pp.ru>
To:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   gzipped binaries

Hi!

FreeBSD still supports running gzipped aout binaries.
If I include links-0.95 web browser in my variant of "dialup" picobsd
configuration, it takes 500K+. If I compile it with OBJFORMAT=aout
and static, it takes 700K+ but when gzipped it is about 300K.
Saving about 200K. It is a large number when working with 1.44M floppy.

Perhaps, it is possible to build a.out crunched binary and have run it
gzipped?

Eugene Grosbein