Date:      Sat, 22 Jun 1996 14:38:52 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alex Nash <alex@zen.nash.org>
To:        gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        taob@io.org
Subject:   freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org

> >     I'm setting up a FreeBSD-based firewall here, and my original plan
> > was to go with IPFW in the kernel.  However, it seems there isn't any
> > recent documentation for it (both the man page and the handbook entry
> > are out of date).
>
> I thought Alex Nash recently updated both? Have you tried our WWW
> pages to get the latest version?

:(  Unfortunately not.  When I submitted my ipfw changes into -current,
my understanding was that 2.1.5 was about 2 weeks from being solidified.
The dilemma was whether I should risk bringing in mass changes into
-stable.  After discussing this with Poul, I decided against doing so.

-stable has all the latest bug fixes, but lacks the updated
documentation.  I'm sitting on some handbook changes because I didn't
want the handbook to *seem* up to date, but really only cover -current.

If anyone has suggestions on where we should take -stable, I'd be
happy to hear them.  If it looks like 2.1.5 will be delayed long
enough, we can see about bringing -stable up to the level of -current.

Alex