Date:      Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:36:32 +0100
From:      "=?ISO-8859-2?Q?J=E1n_Ku=B9niar?=" <lokki@host.sk>
To:        Stan McIntosh <mcintosh@triad.rr.com>, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Starting OpenOffice from an Xterm

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 07:07:13 -0500, Stan McIntosh wrote
> I *think* I installed the OpenOffice binaries on my FreeBSD 5.3.x PC,
> after the ports install was just taking too long.  However, even
> after Googling around, I do not know how to bring it up.  What
> obvious point am I missing?
>
> Thanks.
>
> stan

If your OpenOffice was installed successfully, the next step is to run
setup program (on my FBSD5.3 it is /usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/setup),
which will ask you few questions, and will install local files to your home
directory.
To launch OpenOffice, you have to type something like

 ~/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/soffice

It is good to create a shorter link to this file.

J. Kusniar