Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 16:41:11 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        "Jonathan M. Slivko" <jslivko@coresync.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Home Directories -- in the point of security?

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Jonathan M. Slivko wrote:

> What chmod value should I use when modifying home directories to allow for
> a personal website on a webserver without comprimsing security of the
> files from other users, even reading the files is out of the question
> entirely.

Use 711 or 701 and fix the skeleton directory to make the files inside
that don't need to be readable 600.

-ac

Alex Charalabidis (AC8139)            5050 Poplar Ave, Ste 170
Systems Administrator                        Memphis, TN 38157
WebNet Memphis                                  (901) 432 6000
Author, The Book of IRC              http://www.bookofirc.com/