Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 09:50:30 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Raymond Wiker" <raymond@orion.no>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Booting 3.1

Mike Schmitt writes:
 > Good points, although on the first I can say nothing: after the F1 DOS F2
 > ??? F3 BSD prompt (at which I hit F3), the system freezes.  Nothing
 > else.

	Do you have a large hard disk, with the FreeBSD root partition
outside the first 1024 (logical) disk cylinders? If so, then that is
quite likely to be the reason.

	Possible solutions include reformatting the disk using a
different logical geometry, or shuffling the disk partitions so that
all data necessary for booting are within the first 1024 logical
cylinders.

	//Raymond.