Date:      Sat, 21 Apr 2018 10:27:18 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        mike@sentex.net, nimrodl@gmail.com, petefrench@ingresso.co.uk
Cc:        avg@freebsd.org, eric@vangyzen.net, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd@hda3.com, truckman@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ryzen issues on FreeBSD ? (with sort of workaround)

> Its not just the Ryzen, I can lock up Epyc CPUs as well. They take a bit
> longer, but its not that hard to repeat. Unfortunately, I had to
> allocate this hardware over the Linux where it works reliably under all
> workloads without any such lock ups with all the default BIOS settings :(

AH, thats a shame to hear - was hooing it had worked OK for you!

> Here is a test case.
> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2018-February/088433.html

Will give that a try next week - when remote form the box I dont want to
crash it, so no such tests at the weekend, but hen I am back will see.

The lockup from Thursday was aan idle-lockup, and that hasnt happened since
I chnaged the BIOS settings. May reenable those one at a time to see if
any single one is reposible, unless anyone has any insight. Much hunch would
be that SMT may be OK to re-enable as tat has nothing do do with loading,
whcih the other two do.

cheers,

-pete.