Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 1997 15:45:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Stefan Molnar <stefan@exis.net>
To:        Steve <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        Leonard Chua <lenc@earth.infinetconsulting.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: reliable modems?

> Zooms negotiate fine and are cheap - but lock up.
>
> USR Couriers answer reliably and connect realiably - but the modem pools
> are junk (they flake out - Ive had every one I bought replaces the 1st 6
> mths - and the 33.6 flash cause lower rate connections than when it was
> 28.8)
>
> hayes Century wont let you set &d3 or they cause your term servers to
> cycle - but they are fairly reliable
>
> hayes century 2 are ok and pretty reliable.

I do agree about the actuall total controls.  But just getting single
externals work just fine.

Stefan

Stefan Molnar                  Team Exis.Net
stefan@exis.net                   Member EFF
Slightly Silly                     Team OS/2
east-coast-ambassador@soda.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
"She turned me into a Newt!  A Newt?
I got better."     -Monty Python