Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 1995 14:40:00 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: Making a FreeBSD NFS server

As Doug Rabson wrote:

> > As much as i hate to say it (those who have read my experience reports
> > will do know why :), SGI's IRIX 5.3 does also support NFSv3.  I have
> > yet to put a FreeBSD-current box there and actually test it.
>
> Note that to get it to actually work, you need to install SGI's patch 547
> to IRIX 5.3.  I have tested it to see if it works but I have no
> performance figures.  This Indy is not very fast anyway :-(.

Nope, they are rather crappy PeeCees.  Our is defunct now, since it
prefered to panic four times in a row (within 10 minutes) while the
ISDN plug has been in there -- and it was intented to be used as an
ISDN router... :-/

Btw., we thought our kernel traces with the bogus ``calltrap()'' frame
were weird?  Wrong, their kernel core traces simply stop at
``VEC_trap()''.  Very useful feature, indeed.

:-I

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/