Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 1997 16:05:39 +1000
From:      David Nugent <davidn@unique.usn.blaze.net.au>
To:        Bradley Dunn <bradley@dunn.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: longer usernames

> Would it be possible for someone to commit the changes where a length of 8
> was assumed to 2.2? It shouldn't make any visible difference as long as
> people keep the headers the same, right?

Uh, sure, I guess. In fact, most of the -current code could be
merged directly into 2.2 and it would make no difference at all.
It was intentionally coded that way, so I guess it would be
a good idea to do this.

(Since I took care of some of this in -current I'll put it on my
todo list :-)).

Regards,

David Nugent - Unique Computing Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia
Voice +61-3-9791-9547  Data/BBS +61-3-9792-3507  3:632/348@fidonet
davidn@freebsd.org davidn@blaze.net.au http://www.blaze.net.au/~davidn/