Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 15:33:12 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Jason DiCioccio <jd@epylon.com>, Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>, <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Apache 1.3.26 port

Interestingly, if you compile Apache from the tarball
provided on the Apache Project's Web server, and use
its "make install", it won't overwrite your data or your
existing configuration. It's an artifact of the port.

To prevent problems, I'm installing right from the Apache
tarball and not using the port.

--Brett