Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2001 08:55:59 +0100
From:      Mark Blackman <mark.blackman@netscalibur.co.uk>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        bmah@FreeBSD.ORG, nik@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: RELNOTESng now default in 4-STABLE, *.TXT files removed

Strictly speaking, we do have latex as a separate port which doesn't
pull in the quite the monstrosities that teTex requires.

In principle, one could either modify the existing jadetex port
to optionally or exclusively require only latex. I presume jadetex
doesn't fundamentally require much beyond pdf(la)tex (which is in latex).

Latex is pretty big but not quite unthinkably so.

If this functionality (PDF on release) is considered quite nice
and nobody else wants to jump on it, I might have a go at converting
the jadetex port with the assistance of the current maintainer.

- Mark