Date:      26 May 2001 21:15:11 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfg1+@pitt.edu>
Cc:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD license getting more attention lately.

"Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfg1+@pitt.edu> writes:
> "RTLinux (RTL:Original and RTL:BSD) is a fast, predictable realtime
> operating system that runs Linux or NetBSD in its spare time. It was
> created by FSMLabs which sells, supports and develops it. The PATENTED
> RTLinux design provides extreme realtime performance but allows
> programmers to make use of the powerful features and applications of a
> full-scale POSIX operating system."

I wonder how long it'll be before they sue IBM for royalties (and
punitive damages) for MVS, which seems to me to infringe on their
patent.  Of course, MVS has been around for, what, 15 years?  20
years?  But then again, prior art doesn't seem to mean much these
days.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org