Date:      Tue, 20 May 1997 02:45:00 +0200
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
To:        bhn@datakinetics.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tcp/udp problem

At 19.57 19/05/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Also... How do you run something in X? Its not like any X ive used
>before
>(linux or sco) no menu or start button or icons or anything... just
>a term window and a clock... do i still need to install another package?

you can modify the xinitrc and put it in your home directory with the name
.xinitrc.

You can chose which window manager to use....i.e. fvwm, qvwm, piewm and so
on...

>And one last one... I installed the ports collection when i first
>installed, how do i browse/install them now?

go in the dir of the port you want to install and then type :

# make install

but you must be connected to the internet because the port will looking for
the files to install on the net.

The packages instead are the complete package so you can install them with
the command pkg_add -v namepackage.tgz without an internet connection....

Regards...
Gianmarco
"Unix expert since yesterday"

Home page: http://www2.masternet.it/~gmarco