Date:      Fri, 3 Jun 2016 10:35:23 +0200
From:      Juan =?iso-8859-1?b?UmFt824=?= Molina Menor <listjm@club.fr>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org, adrian@freebsd.org
Subject:   iwm updates from dfbsd; AR9462/QCA9565 bluetooth coex updates

> hi!
>
> Cool! Do you have a blinking LED for wifi? :)
>

> -a

No, this laptop has only three on/off leds and none for the Wi-Fi.

I’ve make another crude test to compare iwm performance under FreeBSD
and Windows 10: I often extend domestic Wi-Fi range with a second router
connected to the first one through an Ethernet cable. This allows me to
work in the garden with Windows 10 at about 15 meters from the router
with a decent wireless throughput. With FreeBSD, I’d say that wireless
stability is not enough over 10 meters. Nevertheless, as with Windows
10, if I lose the connection I can move around and find a good spot and
in seconds the connection comes back again without intervention on my side.

That said, this card is less performant in Windows than the Intel PRO
(iwn) which comes with an older HP 6730b laptop: lesser SSIDs are found
and it seems more difficult to keep connected with weaker ones. An even
older Marvell PCI (malo) works almost better… So big kudos to FreeBSD
devs for getting that card behave so nicely!

Best regards,
Juan