Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2002 19:56:43 +0100
From:      Marc Fonvieille <blackend@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Lukasz Bojarski <ni@merkury.pol.lublin.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Translation of Handbook

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 07:24:43PM +0100, Lukasz Bojarski wrote:
> Hello!
> We have translated one chapter of the Handbook to Polish. We would like
> to submit it - but we have one doubt.
> We would like to keep all the original text of the Handbook with
> Polish text - where it is already translated. This would facilitate
> translations of next chapters to our translators, would make easier
> to manage the logistics of translations by multiple translators and
> - the most important - would make such Handbook usable (in contrary to
> for example way of German Handbook - where they write "translation in progress"
> in place of not-yet-translated chapters - with link to the original chapter).
> Are the both ways correct or is one of them preferred?

Adding the en_US version is not a good idea for the cvs repository
since it will add about 2 or 3MB, same for the FTP mirrors, the
end-user would download a lot of "useless" files, etc.
The link solution is really better for everyone.

About the logistics problems, you can implement your idea on your local
repo, and only submit chapters when they are translated, it's what I do
for the fr_FR version.

Marc