Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 1996 09:24:04 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Seppo Kallio <kallio@cc.jyu.fi>
To:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers-digest@freebsd.org, Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Subject:   Re: hackers-digest V1 #1436

> From: dennis@etinc.com (Dennis)
> Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 14:00:17 -0400
> Subject: Re: FreeBSD vs. Linux 96 (my impressions)
>
> >E-mail message from Dennis contained:
> >>
> >> You left out one big disadvantage. The Kernel implementation is a pile
> >> of crap, and that different combinations of drivers will yield almost random
> >> results in terms of reliability and stability.
> >>
> >> Just my impression.
> >
> >Shame that no one really cares about it.  All the people want to see is that
> >it's so easy for newcommers.  Just like Windows.  In more than one aspect :)

How is Slackware so easy? Is there some difference. I think differences
are very small. Here people use DOS h/w, not Apple hardware because ALL
OTHER use DOS h/w, here people use Linux because ALL OTHERS use Linux.

I think tehre is nothing bad if people select easy systems. I should
select Macintosh if I could, but when all others are using DOS h/w it is
stupid to be alone

Seppo