Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 1997 18:15:28 -0700
From:      Scott Blachowicz <scott@plum.statsci.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: When FreeBSD Desktop?

Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au> wrote:

> Just a gotcha with Xaccel right now; there's a serious bug in their
> Matrox driver that gives you garbled colours on current-model
> Milleniums.  Everything works OK, but colours as-seen on the the
> screen are all wrong.

Sounds like what I get with XFree86 3.2, 3.2A, 3.3 on my FreeBSD (2.1.5 and
2.2.1) system with the ATI Mach64 driver...that plus some kernel panic
complaining about a "recursive_lock" on my 2nd try at running the server.  It
does however work if I give it '-bpp 16' instead of the default -bpp
8...probably unrelated to what you're seeing, but I couldn't resist the
opening to mention it again :-(

Scott Blachowicz  Ph: 206/283-8802x240   Mathsoft (Data Analysis Products Div)
                                         1700 Westlake Ave N #500
scott@statsci.com                        Seattle, WA USA   98109
Scott.Blachowicz@seaslug.org