Date:      Mon, 07 May 2001 15:27:03 -0700
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        Web Razter <webrazter@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: StarOffice 5.2

Web Razter wrote:

> Can I use the Linux rpm of StarOffice to install in Freebsd/kde?

RPM? I take it this isn't the official StarOffice, but some package done
up by a Linux distro?

Good luck! I guess there's some good reasons to make an RPM out of
StarOffice. But the bad reasons far outweigh them. In my mind, it's not
worth the price to mutate the normally portable StarOffice into a
non-portable vendor-specific package.

If you have a fast internet connection, just go grab the real thing.
Otherwise, maybe someone from the -questions list has done this before.

David