Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2001 23:32:36 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: docs/30343: minor changes to ata(4) manpage

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 12:30:02PM -0700, Dima Dorfman wrote:

> I don't see the reason behind this.  This change just makes the manual
> page inconsistent with itself (since it wouldn't describe how to
> disable hw.ata.tags) and probably most others as well.
>
> Am I missing something?

True.  I did not read the manpage very very carefully, just noticed
that I found that part a bit confusing.  Perhaps I was too tired to
understand it correctly.  If it seems more proper, we can close this
PR and let me read the manpage again.  Then, if it's ok with Soren I
could write up how the sysctl's are enabled and how they're disabled,
and send diffs that change all of them and not only one.

I feel that both enabling and disabling sysctl's should be explained,
but consistency is more important.  This seems to be necessary, since
some of the sysctl's are not disabled when put to 0, while others are.
So if it's ok to add text that explains disabling too for those
sysctl's that do support it, I'll go through the text again.

-giorgos