Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:14:08 -0800
From:      Bill Huey (Hui) <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        "Georg-W. Koltermann" <g.w.k@web.de>
Cc:        Marc Recht <marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de>, Brian Skrab <brian@quynh-and-brian.org>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, "Bill Huey (Hui)" <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Subject:   Re: Eclipse Port???

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 03:23:48PM +0100, Georg-W. Koltermann wrote:
> I run the GTK version of eclipse that Fuyuhiko MARUYAMA posted, see
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=112630+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2002/freebsd-java/20021201.freebsd-java
>
> It runs quite nicely, even with FreeBSD native JDK 1.3.1 and hotspot.

You are one brave person. ;) Glad to know it works.

Folks that have been having problems with running various Swing happy
applications and IDEs should upgrade their X libraries to the latest version
and try running that stuff again. There was a thread stack allocation
problem that was recently fixed in the X sources.

Anybody getting a crash with HotSpot should send a bug report with a
postmortem examination of the core file with gdb. I can't guarantee
that I or anybody else can get to it any time soon (doing other stuff at
the moment), but I probably will allocate time for HotSpot when the
ucontext changes to libc_r get committed (/me doesn't know the status
of that yet).

Thanks

bill