Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2000 18:26:19 +0100
From:      "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten@rohrbach.de>
To:        "Doug Rabson" <dfr@nlsystems.com>, "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        "Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai" <asmodai@wxs.nl>, <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: yamaha japan relationships anyone?

with my ymf744 it's a little different... things get vey tricky if you want
to change a laptop's embedded audio chipset ;-)

anyway, vaio n505x has a neomagic256av chipset onboard, i wonder why the
sony boys implement a second chip for the audio stuff if the graphics
chipset would also support audio functions (or did i get something wrong in
the neomagic256av threads of the last months?)...
/k

--
The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom. -W. Blake
Karsten W. Rohrbach - Senior Research Engineer - Nacamar Data Communications