Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 1996 09:35:04 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Seppo Kallio <kallio@cc.jyu.fi>
To:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers-digest@freebsd.org, Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
Subject:   Re: hackers-digest V1 #1436

> Good point.  I much prefer BSD's boot procedure in terms of flexibility,
> and since it's been around for so long, the kernel is fairly well
> understood in terms of adding devices.  That's why we only need one boot
> disk (and "boot -v" will allow device driver parameters to be editing for
> things that don't autoprobe correctly) vs. a ton of Linux boot disks, each
> tweaked for slightly different configurations.

I think that is not true. Linux RedHat has only one boot disk, with it you
can install using nfs, ftp, cdrom (ide also) etc.

Seppo Kallio				kallio@jyu.fi
Computing Center			Fax +358-14-603611
U of Jyväskylä		62.14N 25.44E	Phone +358-14-603606
PL 35, 40351 Jyväskylä, Finland		http://www.jyu.fi/~kallio