Date:      Tue, 20 May 1997 17:25:23 -0400
From:      Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.numachi.com>
To:        Ben Black <black@zen.cypher.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can't find my gateway with ep0 interface

On Tue, May 20, 1997 at 04:11:16PM -0400, Ben Black wrote:
> urm, i don't know what you mean by ISA mode.  it is always ISA, the
> question is whether it has PnP disabled.  if you did not use the
> 3c5x9cfg.exe utility to disable PnP then it is still active.  also, what
> interrupt are you using for the card?  is that what the kernel detects?
> is that what the kernel expects?

Quite right, I misinterpreted that line.  My terminology was based
on NT's perception of the card; when it's not in PnP mode, it's
simply reported as 'ISA'.

Nonetheless, PnP has been disabled.  No 'test mode' or 'pencil
mark' messages at all.

Again, my dmesg dump:

% dmesg
[...]
1 3C5x9 board(s) on ISA found at 0x210
ep0 at 0x210-0x21f irq 11 on isa
ep0: aui/utp/bnc[*UTP*] address 00:20:af:d2:c7:ef
[...]

It was found at IRQ 11, which is what the kernel was compiled to look for.

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert			          reichert@numachi.com
37 Crystal Ave. #303