Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2024 10:09:58 -0800
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NLNet Labs Ending Dev of drill(1)

I just came across this blog post which seems to indicate that the
drill(1) utility from NLNet is ending development in favor of a rust
based tool:

https://blog.nlnetlabs.nl/domain-dns-building-blocks-for-rust-application-developers/

https://fosstodon.org/@nlnetlabs/111964417192522741

I was curious if a) anyone was aware of this and b) will we maintain a
version of drill(1) in base or revert to including dns/bind-tools in base?

not trying to start a "rust in base" discussion, just curious if i
should start making plans now to have a replacement for this tool at my
site.

-pete

--
Pete Wright