Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 1999 19:46:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        mjacob@feral.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.0 SCSI Tape Driver- Okay, Okay, you win....

> On Tuesday, 16 November 1999 at  8:04:05 -0800, Matthew Jacob wrote:
> >
> > Too many people have objected. I didn't make my case clearly enough,
> > but because enough people of have raised issues, the default won't
> > be changed.
>
> I think this is the correct decision in the short term.  In the longer
> term, we should continue to discuss the matter.

Absolutely, and I'll do some spec digging and hunting in the archives
for my old notes about this particular problem.  I'd been hunting SCSI
specs when someone else on here mentioned ANSI and that jogged my memory
as to where I need to go looking...

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX @ CN85sl - (RWG25)               rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net