Date:      Thu, 10 Nov 2005 21:40:32 +0100
From:      Claus Guttesen <kometen@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64 List <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problems recompiling world and kernel on K8QS Pro on 5.4

Hi.

I have problems compiling both kernel and world on my K8QS Pro-board.
It has a LSI Logic raid-controller. I installed the amd64-port using a
atapi-dvd-drive. After the installation I disabled all ata-related
settings in bios and rebooted on the LSI-raid-card.

When I do a make buildworld it often stops with an error similar to this:

/usr/src/lib/libc/net/eui64.c:196: internal compiler error: Bus error
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html>; for instructions.

Other times I get a signal 10.

When I do a 'make -DNOCLEAN all' in /usr/src it moves on and stops
with a similar bus error.

I received the server last week so the bios should be up to date. The
server has 8 GB RAM as eigth 1 GB modules. I have added hw.physmem=3D4G
to /boot/loader.conf but that does not prevent the compiler errors.

regards
Claus