Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 1997 11:51:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Adrian T. Filipi-Martin" <atf3r@cs.virginia.edu>
To:        Joe "Marcus" Clarke <jmcla@ocala.cs.miami.edu>
Cc:        Kwoody <kwoody@citytel.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: port 6000

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Joe "Marcus" Clarke wrote:

> X listens at 6000.
>
> Joe Clarke
>
> On Sun, 28 Sep 1997, Kwoody wrote:
>

> > Did a netstat -a see that something is listening on port 6000...what
> > might that be? Telnetted to it but didt get anything. Anyone?
> >
> > thanks

	Right.  A good place to identify serivices on ports is to look
in /etc/services.  It lists all "well known" service ports.  You will
find X in there at 6000-6063.

	BTW, anyone have any idea why these entries are commented out?

	Adrian
--
adrian@virginia.edu        ---->>>>| If I were stranded on a desert island, and
System Administrator         --->>>| I could only have one OS for my computer,