Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 1998 11:25:56 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        "John M. Purser" <jpurser@wilcofarmers.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Newbies (E-mail)" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Let's Try that Again! :-)

On Wed, Mar 25, 1998 at 03:53:28PM -0800, John M. Purser wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 25, 1998 3:40 PM, Sue Blake [SMTP:sue@welearn.com.au]
> wrote:

Urk... I guess we've both been forced to give up on quoting the old text.

> Okay folks, this will get messy!
>
> I hear that the Univ. of Washington has ported Pine to Dos.  I might get a
> copy but I'd really rather wait until I get FreeBSD to the point I can do
> something useful.

Well, can you correct this strange formatting before you whack the Send
button or not? (That question must have gotten lost in the previous jumble)

> Right now I can't connect to the Internet (still
> reading) or even mount my CDROM (device not configured - You loaded from
> it, how the hell can it not be configured!!!!)

Hehe, I'm sure it sees some logic in there that mortals don't. And it rings
a bell. Assuming you've been through the Handbook and FAQ, have you tried
searching the -questions archives for similar problems? I find error
messages are good value; they give something to search for when nothing else
makes sense.

> Are you telling me that when you reply to a letter you editor removes the
> ">" and reformats each line?  That would be very nice indeed.

It adds "> " to the beginning of each line. Then it can either leave it as
is, or reformat it to shorter lines. It has the ability to remember how many
quote marks to put back at the beginning of each line after reformatting,
and adds the same number to any extra lines of text that are produced.

It is nice, yes. For now you might need to do that part manually.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-

find / -name "*.conf" |more