Date:      Fri, 27 Dec 1996 21:46:25 +0100
From:      Jose Luis Scanferlato <jls@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Troubles with PPP

Hello, thanks for your answer. As you can see, I'm writing from a w****s
box, so that means problems aren't over.

At 15:34 26/12/1996 -0800, you wrote:

>> Using ppp, after dialing I get:
>>         Dial OK!
>>         Login OK!
>>         ppp ON guayaibi> Packet mode
>
>Type 'add 0 0 HISADDR' here.

Already done, didn't work. I was using the recommended the ppp.linkup file, i.e.

MYADDR:
  add 0 0 HISADDR

I wasn't sure it was executed after the login process -don't know if that
MYADDR is a sample label, or another macro like HISADDR- so I issued the
command manually.

[...]

>Disable routed.  It does bad things to the ppp routing.

Are you suggesting that the handbook and the 'routed' man pages are wrong?
Shall we change them? Anyway, how do I disable routed, and how do I tell the
system that my mailbox account should be reached through the PPP link?

[...]

>If you want to get your real name on the mail, write from your own account
>and not root's.

Ok, I'll try this as soon as the connection works.

Thanks again,

Luis