Date:      Tue, 3 Sep 1996 12:02:19 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Andrew Kosyakov <caseq@magrathea.chance.ru>
To:        steve@edmweb.com (Steve Reid)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pppd lcp-echo?

Quoting Steve Reid:

> I tried using lcp-echo-request and lcp-echo-failure on the server I'm
> setting up but those options did not work well at all. Either the iijppp
> on my end wasn't sending out the responses, or the pppd on the server was
> ignoring them... The connection died after pppd sent out as many echo
> requests as specified in the lcp-echo-failure option. Also, pppd did not
> drop DTR as I expected, but instead just refused to forward packets.
>
> The server machine is running FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE with the pppd and
> Is this option broken, or do I have the wrong idea of its purpose?
I have the same problem with FreeBSD 2.1.0 & pppd on one side and Cisco 2511
on the other :(

--
Sincerely yours
							/&rew

***
Andrew V. Kosyakov, Chance Publishing House, System Administrator
caseq@chance.ru, 2:5030/31@Fidonet.Org, +7(812)210-8046
PGP key fingerprint: BA A8 48 20 E4 AE 9C 52  C5 5F C3 B8 1E 67 2C BF