Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 1996 20:06:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matthew Jason White <mwhite+@CMU.EDU>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: That !@#$%^& AMI motherboard

Excerpts from freebsd-smp: 16-Jul-96 That !@#$%^& AMI motherboard by
Bill Cox@thuvia.qstools.
> I'm *still* trying to find a pair of Pentia running at
> about 120-150 MHz, which will cooperate on my board.
> The board *which you should avoid* is an AMI Titan II.
> There's now a Titan III and I think that I know why...
> Part of the trouble is the AMI support people, who give
> different answers on different days.

Hmm...I have a 90MHz Titan-II that runs okay.  I found that my ccd
performance is significantly lower than with standard -current and that
the system is somewhat unstable as a whole.  I take this to mean that
the SMP branch of -current uses a slightly old VM system.  Could also be
that I didn't do a 'make world' with the new kernel, which I probably
should have...just lazy I guess.

So, people keep saying that the SMP sources are available for SUP, but
nobody has ever mentioned the collection name.  Is it 'src-sys'
release=smp?  Any idea when this will merge with the standard CVS tree
and make life much easier?

-Matt

-----
Matt White