Date:      Mon, 15 May 2000 15:40:30 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Bastian Marmetschke <bastian@marmetschke.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Changing root device

Hello,

I need to know how to change the root device from wd0s1a to wd2s1a in
FreeBSD 3.4-Stable. The reason is that I want to get os-bs to work. I
installed freebsd on a primary hdd, and windows on a other - secondary
hdd. Now I had to install os-bs on the secondary (win95) hdd. So that way
I had to change the secondary to the primary and the primary to the
secondary. Means FreeBSD that was primary is now secondary and Windows
that was secondary is now primary.
The os-bs works well. BUT when I am trying to boot freebsd its stopping at
the mounting root device stage. Thats normal since he wants to mount
the fbsd hdd but on the other hand hes trying to mount the windows hdd....

confuzing problem -> could somebody please help me ?

Thanks for future !

Bastian Marmetschke
                                          Homepage: http://www.basty.org